Monday, December 14, 2009

How is Coffee Drinking Good and Bad? by Dylan Garrison



Many people think drinking coffee is just something that makes you hyper and turns your teeth yellow, but there are a lot of good things about the stuff too.


PROS
Coffee has a lot of antioxidants and it prevents people from aging and it also prevents harmful damage to your cells. I've noticed it with my wrinkles; they are just vanishing. Two of the biggest diseases people are scared of when they get older is Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease well maybe people should start drinking more coffee because you are at a less risk to get it if you drink coffee, and same with kidney stones. Coffee improves your test taking ability it helps you take in information better this is due to the caffeine. It really helps a person get up in the morning too. The days I dont bring coffee to school I just don't feel like myself. It makes me more alert and more joyful in the mornings.

I talked to my dad and all he had to say was:
"I am pretty much hooked on it. It helps me relax and it keeps me warm. I don't like any of the flavored coffee though."




CONS
Coffee can cause heartburn in people. Caffeine is also a drug and it causes you to rely on it and it can even make you have withdrawals if you are used to having it a lot and you stop drinking it for awhile. Headaches occur with these withdrawals. As we all know caffeine can also make you jittery and if you have some before you go to sleep then it might be kind of hard for you too stay still. Coffee can even kill you if you are sensitive to coffee or have heart conditions. It gives you a lot of bad cholesterol levels as well. So for you coffee drinkers you better get your cholesterol checked.

A lot of kids in school do not like coffee they think it is more for older people. I suppose its just an acquired taste or maybe you start liking it when you get old, but I just like coffee for that extra boost in the mornings.

No comments: