Friday, April 30, 2010

Choose Your Adventure at Iowa State-Emily Bierl

Selecting a college to attend can be very difficult. It's also even harder when you don't know what field you would like. Many teens change their minds about what fields they like throughout high school.

I have changed my mind from wanting to major in psychology, to wanting to major in design. Researchers say that up to 80 percent of students aren't sure what they want to major in. Up to 50 percent of college students change their majors before graduating. Changing your major actually puts you in the majority of students.

Then there is the choice of what field of design I want to be in. It feels like there are so many choices, in so little time. My senior year flew by and is almost over. I plan to attend Iowa State University next year. I'm undecided on what field of design I want to be in, but I will just take the main design classes my first year. It's hard to believe that I will be leaving home in a few months and living on my own. Many college students change their minds on their major after their first year of school. So, I'll see how my first year goes and plan from there.



I have been on one campus visit to Iowa State and I loved it. Iowa State is located in Ames and it's a really nice city. I'm definately going to have to adjust living in a dorm at Iowa State. I'm very excited to meet my roommate. I won't find out who it will be or where my room will be until June.

There are many things I'm looking forward to about school and also many things I'm nervous about. I'm excited to meet new people and make lots of friends. I'm also looking forward to going to Iowa State games and gaining knowledge to get a job in the future that I will enjoy. I'm a little nervous to be living on my own and not knowing what to expect for my classes. I'm sure all incoming freshman feel this way too, but hopefully I'll adjust.

I'm going to really miss going to Harlan's schools and all the people there. It's time to move forward with life and pursue my dreams. I hope that I can achieve success in everything I do in the future. Moving on will be scary but also fun.

Information from- http://www.psu.edu/dus/md/mdintro.htm

No comments: