Monday, September 10, 2007

9-11 Remembered







I cannot believe it has been six years since that dreadful day. This event is definitely the Kennedy assassination/Pearl Harbor of this era. I was in my classroom and Ms. Nelson came by and told me that an airplane had crashed into one of the Twin Towers in New York. At first everyone thought it was a terrible accident. However, I will never forget seeing that second airplane fly directly into the other twin tower. Then of course the buildings eventually falling down. We talked about this topic and watched it for at least a week or so before we had to get back to the usual business. The picture and audio above are of President Bush's famous "Ground Zero" speech which really helped unite our country. Watch the videos below to remember that very sad day. Please leave comments about what you remember about 9-11.




No comments: