Sunday, October 7, 2007

Metal Ink

BubbleShare: Share photos - Halloween contest


This is McDaniel7 with HCHS news. I interviewed my Grandpa over the weekend about his motorcycle business. He owns Metal Ink. For those of you who do not know what this is a motorcycle shop. My grandpa, Mike Wohlhutter, fixes and builds bikes. He also builds custom bikes. This is what he had to say in his interview:

Q: How long have you been interested in motorcycles?
A: Since I can remember.

Q: What was your first bike?
A: I was eight years old and I bought a broken Sears Roebuck. It was a two
speed.I fixed it, and it was my first bike. Five years later I bought a Honda
Trial 70.

Q: How many bikes have you owned?
A:Fifteen

Q:
How did Metal Ink get started?
A: It was originally a hobby. Many people liked my motorcycles it turned into
a full-time job.

Q: What are your expectations for each bike you build?
A: That the customer is happy and the bike runs.

Q: How much would a custom bike cost?
A: Anywhere from $18,000 to $30,000. It all depends on how fast they want it done and
what accessories they want.

Q: What can we expect from Metal Ink in the future?
A: Nitrogen inflated tires. It gives the tires a higher life rate. We might expand
if we keep growing at the rate we are now.


This has been McDaniel7 with Mike Wohlhutter, Metal Ink. HCHS CWI news.

No comments: