The HCHS boy's tennis team defeated Atlantic 5-4 on Monday, April 11 in a highly competitive meet. "This was a great win for us today. Nate continued to play very well at #1 singles but I am also very happy with Nick, Riley and Jacob in how they played, Coach Chad Bruns said. "All three were in tight matches until about halfway through, but they all pulled away by winning four to five games in a row finishing off their opponents in impressive fashion."
Coach Bruns did note areas in need of improvement. "I would like to see us play better in doubles. I have been mixing the doubles teams around a bit early in the season to find who plays best together. Hopefully we will turn things around in our doubles matches very quickly as they are a very important part in winning meets."
The Cyclones are now 2-1 for the year.
1. Nate Ohms defeated Derek Tjepkes 10-3
2. Willy Henrich lost to Mitch Lieferman 7-10
3. Nick Petsche defeated Brett Dennis 10-4
4. Riley Finn defeated Matt Cook 10-4
5. Jacob Petsche defeated Tyler Fischer 10-6
6. Austin Euchner lost to Austin Conrad 10-1
1. Ohms/Henrich lost to Tjepkes/Lieferman 3-10
2. N. Petsche/Finn defeated Dennis/Cook 10-4
3. J. Petsche/Euchner lost to Fischer/Noah Welter 5-10
JV lost 2-7 and are now 1-2 on the season.
1. Alex Schaben lost to Blake Meneely 3-8
2. Matt Stessman lost to Noah Welter 1-8
1. Alex Schaben/Matt Stessman lost to Austin Conrad/Cody Ihnen 5-8
2. Jordan Good/Josh Buman defeated Jared Fulk/Jake Anderson 6-0
3. Joey Hansen/Cody McKinley lost to Rob Nichols/Chad Olson 0-6
Good/Buman lost to Cook/Hoegh 4-6
Hansen/McKinley lost to Caslow/Wieser 0-6
Good/Buman defeated Metheny/Saeugling 6-4
Hansen/McKinley lost to McConnell/Johnson 4-6