Wednesday, April 22, 2015
HCHS Boy's Tennis Lose to Glenwood 2-7
The Harlan Community boy's tennis team hosted Glenwood on Tuesday, April 21 and ended up losing the meet 2-7. The meet was delayed an hour due to rain and wet courts but eventually the meet was able to be completed as the skies eventually cleared.
"Glenwood is a strong team that is undefeated so far this season," Coach Chad Bruns said. "We were, once again, missing two varsity players(Nolan Heese-sick and Kaleb Kaster-FFA) as well as our #8 player, Wil Beach, who would have played varsity as well but was out with an injury. It is tough to compete with good teams when your varsity lineup is hit hard like it has been the last two meets. I am proud of all the guys that had to move up and play, especially Eric Rivera and Mark Douget, who are normally JV players."
The only two victories the Cyclones got on the night was Alec Plagman at #4 singles and Isaac Stitz and Josh Cheek at #1 doubles. "Alec just continues to win in singles," Bruns added. "He has an uncanny ability to get balls back that eventually leads to mistakes by his opponent. As far as Isaac and Josh in doubles, this is their second big win in as many nights. They are more relaxed in doubles which leads to them hitting and playing better."
The Cyclones are now 2-4 on the season and host Shenandoah on Thursday, April 23.
1. Isaac Stitz lost 8-9(4-7) to Sam Lauritsen
2. Josh Cheek lost 3-8 to Alex Chekal
3. Michael Reuschenberg lost 1-8 to Aaron Bertini
4. Alec Plagman won 8-6 over Adam Recker
5. Eric Rivera lost 2-8 to Ethan Thompson
6. Mark Douget lost 2-8 to Adam Konfrst
1. Isaac Stitz/Josh Cheek won 9-8(7-4) over Lauritsen/Chekal
2. Alec Plagman/Michael Reuschenberg lost 4-8 Bertini/Recker
3. Eric Rivera/Mark Douget lost 1-8 to Thompson/Konfrst
Bryan Hanson lost 0-8 to Chris Mintle
Bryan Hansen lost 1-6 to Sean Harper