Tuesday, April 21, 2015
HCHS Boy's Tennis Lose to Carroll Kuemper
The HCHS boy's tennis team traveled to Carroll Kuemper on Monday, April 20th and lost 3-6. The Cyclones were without their #3 and #5 players, Nolan Heese and Kaleb Kaster, but still playhed tough against the Knights.
"I thought we played hard even with two of our top six players gone," Coach Chad Bruns said. "I was happy to see Isaac pull out the win today. He was up big early but had to hold on after Tyler Schroeder tied it up at 6-6. This win should help give him realize that you just have to stay positive and focus on the next point. Not dwell on past mistakes. I also thought that Isaac and Josh Cheek played very well today in doubles getting a big win for us. Alec Plagman continues to win for us as well, going 4-1 on the season in singles."
The Cyclones are now 2-3 on the season. They host Glenwood on Tuesday, April 21 and Shenandoah on Thursday, April 23.
1. Isaac Stitz won 8-6 over Tyler Schroeder
2. Josh Cheek lost 0-8 to Joseph Mohr
3. Michael Reuschenberg lost 5-8 to Reed Rawlings
4. Alec Plagman won 9-8(7-1) over Blake Eischeid
5. Eric Rivera lost 0-8 to Matthew Dentlinger
6. Wil Beach lost 0-8 t0 Connor Uhlenkamp
1. Isaac Stitz/Josh Cheek won 8-5 over Tyler Schroeder/Justin Schroeder
2. Alec Plagman/Michael Reuschenberg lost 6-8 to Reed Rawlings/Ryan Rawlings
3. Eric Rivera/Mark Douget lost 3-8 to Conner Uhlenkamp/Collin Uhlenkamp
1. Mark Douget lost 2-6 to Tanner Finken
Mark Douget lost 2-6 to Cam Pille
2. Bryan Hanson lost 1-6 to Max Heithoff
Bryan Hanson lost 0-6 to Jacob Schrek
Bryan Hanson lost 0-6 to Cam Pille