The HCHS boy's tennis team hosted Shenandoah on Thursday, April 20 and squeaked out a close 5-4 victory. The meet was tied 3-3 after singles and the Cyclones were able to take two of the three doubles matches to clinch the meet.
"This was a great win against a good team," Coach Chad Bruns said. "After losing 4-5 to Glenwood earlier in the week, it was great to win this one. Close meets, whether you win or lose, are just fun to coach, watch and play in. They also build important experience when you find yourself in a close match."
This meet was the last home meet of the year for the Cyclones. They travel to Atlantic on Monday, April 24 and to Clarinda on Thursday, April 27. The Cyclones finish the regular season at Red Oak on Tuesday, May 2.
Listen to Coach Bruns' radio report here.
1. Isaac Stitz lost to Dalton Stoaks 4-10
2. Alec Plagman defeated Alex Goodell 10-6
3. Josh Cheek lost to Jacob Buzzard 8-10
4. Kaleb Kaster lost to Trevor Finnegan 3-10
5. Caleb Rasmussen defeated Austin Perrin 10-6
6. Jonny Cheek defeated Jack Campbell 10-2
1. Isaac Stitz/Alec Plagman defeated Alec Goodell/Trevor Finnegan 10-3
2. Josh Cheek/Caleb Rasmussen defeated Dalton Stoakes/Austin Perrin 10-4
3. Kaleb Kaster/ Jonny Cheek lost to Jacob Buzzard/Chris Hendon 4-10
Overall Record: 5-4
1. Joey Fields lost to Chris Hendon o-6
2. Bailey Schmitz lost to Payton Stephens 2-6
3. Jack Buman lost to Nate Martin 4-6
4. Lucas Schmitz lost to PJ Hielen 3-6
5. Bryan Hanson lost to Tyler Courtier 1-6
6. William Funke lost to Nick Bartles 1-6
1. Joey Fields/Bailey Schmitz lost to Payton Stephens/Nate Martin 4-6